AICTE Issues Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme Guidelines to Standalone Institutions for PGDM/PGCM Courses
The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) announced Tuition Fee Waiver (TWF) guidelines for PGDM/PGCM Standalone institutions. The notification enumerated the requirements, eligibility, and the admission procedure in detail.
According to the circular, the Tuition Fee Waiver is limited to:
- The tuition fee as approved by the Board of Governors in case of self-financing institutions and by the government in case of Government/ Government aided institution.
- Only those students with parents whose annual income from all sources does not exceed 8 lakhs, are eligible for the waiver.
As per the TFW Scheme a maximum of 5% of “approved intake” per course shall be available for admission under this category. These seats shall be supernumerary in nature (over and above the approved intake).
Additionally, each Standalone Institution:
- is responsible to conduct such admission in a transparent way. In case of non-availability of students, the seats cannot be given to any other category of candidates.
- must publish the details of this scheme in their brochure and their official website.
- have to make separate provisions for admissions and merit lists under this category, and conduct admissions based on the merit list so generated.
- must upload a separate list of students admitted under this category on the AICTE web portal. A letter in this respect should also be issued to the admitted students, detailing that he/she will not be allowed to change the course under any circumstances.
- must display information regarding the students admitted under this scheme on their website to inform students and other stakeholders.
- Is required to adhere to the changes made to TFW Scheme as per the existing government policy.